Huddersfield Unitarian Church

From Off the Record
Jump to: navigation, search
This is a backup copy of the West Yorkshire Archive Service's "Off the Record" wiki from 2015. The live went offline in 2016 and is currently unavailable. Editing and account creation are disabled.

Established 1846, using house in Westgate.

Took over Hall of Science in Bath Street 1847 (this Hall built by the Huddersfield Community Society of Rational Religionists, usually known as the Owenites, in 1839).

Chapel built in Fitzwilliam Street 1853-1854. Moved to 76 New North Road c.1962. Meeting house in new North Road known as Albert Schweizter House. Closed in period c.1974-1981.

nb the chapel in Bath Street was used by the Baptists from 1855; the chapel in Fitzwilliam Street was used by Polish Roman Catholics from 1962.