Honley Brockholes C of E School
The following source list was originally available only on paper in one of the West Yorkshire Archive Service offices. It may have been compiled many years ago and could be out of date. It was designed to act as a signpost to records of interest on a particular historical subject, but may relate only to one West Yorkshire district, or be an incomplete list of sources available. Please feel free to add or update with any additional information.
Originally built as a Sunday School in 1842, it became a day school c1846. The school was rebuilt in c1872 and again in 1887. Initially called National School, Brockholes Lane, it became known as Brockholes Church of England School from c1900. The Church of England Junior and Infants School, Brockholes Lane opened in new premises in 1968 to replace the old National School [the old premises being then used by the Brockholes Village Trust] The present name of the school is Brockholes C.E Junior and Infants School. The first recorded log book for this school is 1876.