Emley Moor Primitive Methodist Church

From Off the Record
Jump to: navigation, search
This is a backup copy of the West Yorkshire Archive Service's "Off the Record" wiki from 2015. The live went offline in 2016 and is currently unavailable. Editing and account creation are disabled.

The following source list was originally available only on paper in one of the West Yorkshire Archive Service offices. It may have been compiled many years ago and could be out of date. It was designed to act as a signpost to records of interest on a particular historical subject, but may relate only to one West Yorkshire district, or be an incomplete list of sources available. Please feel free to add or update with any additional information.

The chapel was built in angle between Jagger Lane, Common Lane and Factory Lane in 1908. It was badly damaged by the collapse of the Emley Moor TV mast in 1969, but was repaired by 1974.

The chapel closed in 1982.

Records for this chapel can be found at West Yorkshire Archive Service: Kirklees office under the reference numbers:NM/DD/CW, WYK1083/1/3 and WYK1511.