Ebenezer Methodist New Connexion Church

From Off the Record
Jump to: navigation, search
This is a backup copy of the West Yorkshire Archive Service's "Off the Record" wiki from 2015. The live went offline in 2016 and is currently unavailable. Editing and account creation are disabled.

The following source list was originally available only on paper in one of the West Yorkshire Archive Service offices. It may have been compiled many years ago and could be out of date. It was designed to act as a signpost to records of interest on a particular historical subject, but may relate only to one West Yorkshire district, or be an incomplete list of sources available. Please feel free to add or update with any additional information.

Later known as Hanging Heaton Methodist Church.

Established by 1813, the congregation used premises at Low Bottoms, held jointly with the Baptists, Independents and Wesleyan methodists from 1813. Eventually this building came to be used only by New Connexion congregations. A chapel was built in High Street in 1877 and a Sunday School was built in Kirkgate behind the chapel in 1930 and was still in existence in 2000.