East Bierley Wesleyan Reform Church

From Off the Record
Jump to: navigation, search
This is a backup copy of the West Yorkshire Archive Service's "Off the Record" wiki from 2015. The live went offline in 2016 and is currently unavailable. Editing and account creation are disabled.

The following source list was originally available only on paper in one of the West Yorkshire Archive Service offices. It may have been compiled many years ago and could be out of date. It was designed to act as a signpost to records of interest on a particular historical subject, but may relate only to one West Yorkshire district, or be an incomplete list of sources available. Please feel free to add or update with any additional information.

Later East Bierley United Methodist Free Church.

Established in c1851 by some of the members of the Wesleyan reformers who seceded from Westgate Hill. The chapel and Sunday School were built in Hunsworth Lane in 1853 - 1854 and the chapel was enlarged in 1889. Most of the chapel was converted into dwellings between 1988 - 1990 but a small section was still used for services and was still in existence in 2000.