Earlsheaton Wesleyan Methodist Church
The following source list was originally available only on paper in one of the West Yorkshire Archive Service offices. It may have been compiled many years ago and could be out of date. It was designed to act as a signpost to records of interest on a particular historical subject, but may relate only to one West Yorkshire district, or be an incomplete list of sources available. Please feel free to add or update with any additional information.
The chapel was built in High Road, by James Boothroyd, an Independent Methodist, for his congregation, at some date before 1824. It was taken over by Wesleyan Methodists 1824 - 1826 and a Sunday School existed by 1838. The chapel was rebuilt in 1884 and closed in c1970 - 1980.