Denby Dale Zion Wesleyan Reform Union Church
The following source list was originally available only on paper in one of the West Yorkshire Archive Service offices. It may have been compiled many years ago and could be out of date. It was designed to act as a signpost to records of interest on a particular historical subject, but may relate only to one West Yorkshire district, or be an incomplete list of sources available. Please feel free to add or update with any additional information.
Established in c1850 -1851 by Wesleyan Reformers who seceded from Denby Dale Wesleyan Methodist Church. A chapel was built in Barnsley Road in 1860 and a new chapel built next door to the old one in 1906 - 1908. The old chapel was used as a Sunday School from 1908 - 1980 when it was demolished. The chapel was still in existence in 2000. Note, this church never became part of the United Methodist Free Churches, it was the centre of the Denby Dale Wesleyan Reform Union Circuit.