Cumberworth C of E School, Denby Dale

From Off the Record
Jump to: navigation, search
This is a backup copy of the West Yorkshire Archive Service's "Off the Record" wiki from 2015. The live went offline in 2016 and is currently unavailable. Editing and account creation are disabled.

The following source list was originally available only on paper in one of the West Yorkshire Archive Service offices. It may have been compiled many years ago and could be out of date. It was designed to act as a signpost to records of interest on a particular historical subject, but may relate only to one West Yorkshire district, or be an incomplete list of sources available. Please feel free to add or update with any additional information.

The National School, Cumberworth Lane, Upper Cumberworth was built in 1820 and enlarged in 1894. It was known as Cumberworth Church of England School from c1900 and is currently known as Cumberworth C.E First School. The earliest recorded log book for this school is dated Apr 1875. Comments on the log book entries made by the head teacher can be found at Wakefield Archives, collection reference: WRD5