Clough Head Baptist Mission, Golcar
The following source list was originally available only on paper in one of the West Yorkshire Archive Service offices. It may have been compiled many years ago and could be out of date. It was designed to act as a signpost to records of interest on a particular historical subject, but may relate only to one West Yorkshire district, or be an incomplete list of sources available. Please feel free to add or update with any additional information.
Records for Clough Head Baptist Sunday School can be found at WYAS: Kirklees under reference number KC514.
The Mission was established in 1866 from Pole Moor.
A Meeting House and Sunday School were built in Meeting House Lane in 1866.
The British School in Bolster Moor Road was rebuilt by the Baptists for use as a day and Sunday School 1871-1872 and was taken over by Golcar School Board in 1894.
The Sunday School was enlarged in 1899.
The Mission closed in 1968 and the congregation joined Bolster Moor Baptist Church.