Clayton West Strict and Particular Baptist Church

From Off the Record
Jump to: navigation, search
This is a backup copy of the West Yorkshire Archive Service's "Off the Record" wiki from 2015. The live went offline in 2016 and is currently unavailable. Editing and account creation are disabled.

The following source list was originally available only on paper in one of the West Yorkshire Archive Service offices. It may have been compiled many years ago and could be out of date. It was designed to act as a signpost to records of interest on a particular historical subject, but may relate only to one West Yorkshire district, or be an incomplete list of sources available. Please feel free to add or update with any additional information.

Records relating to this collection can be found at WYAS: Kirklees under reference number KX372.

The congregation was established in 1824 but was unable to build a chapel and the number of members dwindled.

Regular meetings began again in 1833 using two houses and a chapel was built on the west side of High Street in 1840; a Sunday School was built in 1860.

The chapel closed in 1993 and there were plans to convert the chapel building into a community centre in 1993.