Castle Hill County Primary Junior, Mixed and Infants School, Todmorden

From Off the Record
Jump to: navigation, search
This is a backup copy of the West Yorkshire Archive Service's "Off the Record" wiki from 2015. The live went offline in 2016 and is currently unavailable. Editing and account creation are disabled.

The following source list was originally available only on paper in one of the West Yorkshire Archive Service offices. It may have been compiled many years ago and could be out of date. It was designed to act as a signpost to records of interest on a particular historical subject, but may relate only to one West Yorkshire district, or be an incomplete list of sources available. Please feel free to add or update with any additional information.

The school opened as Cross Stone School, Infants Departemnt in August 1899 and closed in March 1913. It then became Castle Hill Infants Department from March 1913 - August 1937 when it combined with the previously named Cross Stone Council School, April 1905 -March 1913, which was known as Castle Hill Council School from March 1913 - September 1937.

Together the schools formed Castle Hill Junior, Mixed and Infants School from 1937 until March 1946 when it amalgamated with Eastwood Council School [which had previously run from 1896 - March 1946]