Broomhill Methodist New Connexion Church, Batley
The following source list was originally available only on paper in one of the West Yorkshire Archive Service offices. It may have been compiled many years ago and could be out of date. It was designed to act as a signpost to records of interest on a particular historical subject, but may relate only to one West Yorkshire district, or be an incomplete list of sources available. Please feel free to add or update with any additional information.
Was established from Zion New Connexion Church Central Methodist Church, Batley in 1874 using a cottage in Taylor Street. The congregation later used John Wailes' warehouse in Bradford Road.
A chapel was built in Taylor Street 1875-76. This chapel subsequemtly burnt down and was rebuilt in 1880. The congregation used Field Lane Board Infants School for worship while the chapel was being rebuilt.
The Sunday School was built in 1904.
The chapel closed in 1948.
Building used as commercial premises 1960s.
Building used as an Asian community centre by 1984.